Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
It was posted in the Brisbane Sunday Mail on May 5, 2002 by Donna Hay. It tastes great & is quick & easy to make.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices fruit bread or 8 slices raisin bread
- 2 bananas, sliced,to serve
- maple syrup, to serve
- Place eggs,milk,sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tsp of butter.
- Quickly dip a slice of bread into egg mixture and place into the frying pan.
- Cook for 1 minute each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- Repeat with remaining butter and bread.
- To serve, top toast with sliced bananas and drizzle over maple syrup.
This was delicious. I left out the sugar because I felt that it wasn't needed since we were drizzling it with maple syrup. Also sprinkled some cinnamon on top after it was done and served with bananas and blueberries. Thanks for sharing!
I really enjoyed this recipe. It was fast and easy to make, which is a must when trying to make breakfast with two little ones! The flavor was wonderful. Like another poster, I added just a dash of nutmeg, which I really enjoyed. I too did not have bananas but it would have gone wonderfully with this recipe.
Yummo!!! I grilled the bannana and served with some lightly grilled fetta cheese.