Lost Bread (French Toast)
photo by Shortcake955
- Ready In:
- Mix both dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- In separate bowl, add eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Mix well and then slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Dip the sliced bread one at a time, turning until thoroughly soaked.
- Have oil heated and place bread into the frying pan, turning until both sides are browned.
- Soak on paper towels.
- Keep doing this until all mixture is used.
- More ingredients can be made at first if your family is large enough.
- May need to add more sugar to the recipe depending on your taste.
- Does not need anything added onto it at the table.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live very close to my mother's family and enjoy it. My children are all within a 100 mile area in LA. I love my family very much! All of them. I am disabled. My favorite cookbook is "Recipes and Reminiscences of New Orleans" given to me by my past and late mother-in-law. I love to cook and garden and be with my grandchildren. My pet peeve is dishonest people. If I could do anything in this world, it would be to take a cruise to Alaska!