Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup has a nice, comforting flavor. Good for what ails you :) You can enjoy a bowl of this soup along with a slice or two of french bread, Mmmm!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts, washed well and minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 large potatoes, cubed & peeled
- 1⁄2 cup celery, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash pepper
- Saute leek in olive oil in a large pot 2 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, and potato, saute 3-5 minutes.
- Add water, stock, and salt. Bring to a low boil.
- Simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, strain off half of liquid and reserve.
- Process potato/leek mixture in small batches in a food processor. Return to pot with reserved liquid.
- Season to taste.
- Stir in milk and serve hot.
This soup is good but we found it bland. It would be better with more chicken stock and reduce on the water. Thanks bakedapple :) Made for All you can cook buffet
What a simple and delicious soup. I made it as directed other than halving the recipe. Thanks bakedapple42 for sharing this nice soup. Made for Spring PAC 2011.