Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Potato salad is always popular with my family. This one is very good I thought and since I am not overly wild about mayonnaise, it is one of my favorites.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, boiled, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh curly-leaf parsley
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh curly-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the sliced potatoes in a salad bowl; add in the onion while the potatoes are still warm.
- To make the vinaigrette: whisk together the vinegar and salt in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil until an emulsion forms.
- Whisk in the parsley and pepper.
- Pour approximately 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette over the potatoes; toss gently but thoroughly coat potatoes.
- Add more dressing if the mixture is too dry.
- To serve immediately: garnish the salad with chopped parsley and hard-boiled eggs.
- You may cover the potato salad and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Bring to room temperature and garnish before serving.