Recipe by dicentra
This is from TOH. I haven’t tried them yet, but I am typing it up for ZWT II. Looks like a yummy side dish. 12 servings.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 cups frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, sauté water chestnuts and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the flour, sugar and salt until blended.
- Gradually add milk; stir in peas.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until peas are tender and sauce is slightly thickened.