1/3 Photos of French Onion Soup With Cider
From the October/November 2007 issue of Vogue Entertaining + Travel. This soup can be made up to three days in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sea salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until onions are deep golden.
- 2Add cider and simmer until reduced by half, then add stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with pepper.
- 3Meanwhile, place bread on a foil-lined tray and cook both sides under a hot grill until dried but not browned. Spread with mustard and top with cheese, then grill until cheese bubbles and browns.
- 4Serve soup topped with the croûtons and sprigs of thyme.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Soup With Cider
Serving Size: 1 (647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.7
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 2018.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: