Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this from a friend of mine but haven't tried it yet. It looks good, though!
- 6 large onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, buttered and cubed
- Boil onions- 10 to 12 minutes till tender but firm.
- Drain well, blotting.
- Arrange in buttered shallow baking dish.
- In saucepan, melt butter,add flour,salt and pepper, and slowly stir in milk and worcestershire, stirring constantly till thickened.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Add cheese stir until cheese melts.
- Pour over onions and mix.
- Arrange the cubed bread on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes till golden brown.