Recipe by Charlotte J
If you can't find White-wine tarragon-vinegar you may want to try to make it yourself. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
Top Review by Baby Kato
Charlotte thank you for sharing this memorable cabbage salad. The folks at my house were kind of leery because the cabbage wasn't cooked, after they tasted it, they all agreed that they loved it, cooked or not. So much flavor and the textures were perfect. Loved everything about this dish, made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. I will be making this often. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Family Picks Round
- 1 cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tarragon white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the bacon into tiny bits, fry it in a big deep frying pan when crisp remove bacon to a bowl.
- Cut up the onion and garlic and fry them in the bacon fat.
- When they are brown, pour in the vinegar.
- Bring it just up to a simmer, add all the cabbage and bacon, toss it as you would a salad, and serve it.
- The cabbage doesn't cook, but it wilts a little under the hot vinegar.