Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful combination of flavors. My family loved it. Made for RSC #10
Make and share this French Bread Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese, softened
- canola oil cooking spray
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple, tidbits drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped (the kind in the jar)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- dried red pepper flakes, to taste and (optional)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice bread horizontally in half.
- Spray each cut side with canola oil.
- Place bread cut side up on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- When it cools enough to handle, but still warm, spread cream cheese evenly over bread.
- Add sliced cherry tomatoes and chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the cheese.
- Add the pineapple, peppers, garlic and onions.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is heated through.
- NOTE: If you don’t like your vegetables crisp, you can microwave them for about 60 seconds to soften them before adding to the pizza.
This was the best combination on a pizza ever! I LOVE the cream cheese idea! I have made this with cherry tomatoes and regular tomatoes and I prefer using regular ones. Also, I do not precook the bread anymore. I think it is a little too crisp to precook it and then cook it again. I just warm up the cream cheese before spreading it to make it easier to spread.
Made this for dinner tonight and it was a hit with the whole family. Omitted the onions because my kids don't like them and doubled the chicken. Our favorite part was the cream cheese and surprisingly the pineapple!
Congrats! Your Recipe was featured as our "Recipe of the Day" on our homepage! (7/18/11)