Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is a wonderful combination of flavors. My family loved it. Made for RSC #10
Top Review by lindsey.k.bell
This was the best combination on a pizza ever! I LOVE the cream cheese idea! I have made this with cherry tomatoes and regular tomatoes and I prefer using regular ones. Also, I do not precook the bread anymore. I think it is a little too crisp to precook it and then cook it again. I just warm up the cream cheese before spreading it to make it easier to spread.
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese, softened
- canola oil cooking spray
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple, tidbits drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped (the kind in the jar)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- dried red pepper flakes, to taste and (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice bread horizontally in half.
- Spray each cut side with canola oil.
- Place bread cut side up on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- When it cools enough to handle, but still warm, spread cream cheese evenly over bread.
- Add sliced cherry tomatoes and chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the cheese.
- Add the pineapple, peppers, garlic and onions.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is heated through.
- NOTE: If you don’t like your vegetables crisp, you can microwave them for about 60 seconds to soften them before adding to the pizza.