1/6 Photos of Freezer Strawberry Jam
24 hrs 3 mins
Here is a basic strawberry jam recipe; no-cook. Once you try this and see how easy it is, you'll never buy commercial strawberry jam again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will need clean plastic containers and lids; rinse them thoroughly with boiling water and make sure they are completely dry.
- 2Rinse strawberries gently with clean water, pat dry, then stem and crush them thoroughly, one layer at a time.
- 3Measure exactly 2 cups crushed berries into a large bowl; stir in sugar.
- 4Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Mix water and pectin in small saucepan; bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly.
- 6Continue boiling and stirring 1 minute.
- 7Remove from heat and add to fruit mixture; stir constantly for three minutes or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy; a few sugar crystals may remain and that's okay.
- 8Fill prepared containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops.
- 9Wipe off top edges and immediately cover with lids.
- 10Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- 11Your jam is now ready to use, and can be stored in the fridge for up to three weeks or frozen for up to one year.
- 12Thaw frozen jam in the fridge before using.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezer Strawberry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.1
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 187.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 165.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g