Here is a basic strawberry jam recipe; no-cook. Once you try this and see how easy it is, you'll never buy commercial strawberry jam again!
- You will need clean plastic containers and lids; rinse them thoroughly with boiling water and make sure they are completely dry.
- Rinse strawberries gently with clean water, pat dry, then stem and crush them thoroughly, one layer at a time.
- Measure exactly 2 cups crushed berries into a large bowl; stir in sugar.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix water and pectin in small saucepan; bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling and stirring 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add to fruit mixture; stir constantly for three minutes or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy; a few sugar crystals may remain and that's okay.
- Fill prepared containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops.
- Wipe off top edges and immediately cover with lids.
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Your jam is now ready to use, and can be stored in the fridge for up to three weeks or frozen for up to one year.
- Thaw frozen jam in the fridge before using.