Recipe by tuttifrutti
A great recipe for summer when we are all blessed with an abundance of tomatoes from the garden. Really tasty.
- 8 cups tomatoes, diced, seeded, peeled (about 10lg.)
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup tomato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In dutch oven or large saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered 45 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour into small freezer container.
- Cool to room temperaure about 1 hour.
- Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Stir before serving.