Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from St. Wenceslaus Church Cookbook in Tabor, South Dakota. It is so nice to have these in the freezer when you are hungry for cucumbers and the ones in the store aren't very good.
- Put sliced cucumbers and onions in 5 quart ice cream pail.
- Dissolve salt in the gallon of water and pour over cucumbers and onion.
- Set in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Drain well in colander but do not rinse.
- Return cucumbers and onions to ice cream pail.
- Pour sugar and vinegar over the cucumber mixture and stir well.
- Put into pint freezer containers and freeze.
- To use: thaw in refrigerator and serve.