1/3 Photos of Frangipane Pithivier
1 hr 15 mins
A lovely dessert tart! I used Pepperidge Farm for the Puffed Pastry tart, another two recipes for the filling and Dancer's Chocolate Almond Sauce #5331 for the sauce on top. It made for a fantastic combination!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Mix 1 egg with water, set aside.
- 3Place almonds and sugar in food processor.
- 4Cover and pulse on and off until finely ground, about 1 minute.
- 5Add 1 egg and continue to pulse until smooth paste forms.
- 6Add butter, a little bit at a time, pulsing after each addition.
- 7Scrape down sides of bowl.
- 8Add remaining egg and pulse until smooth.
- 9Add flour and Amaretto and pulse until just blended.
- 10Unfold 1 pastry sheet.
- 11Place sheet in 9" tart pan.
- 12Top with almond mixture.
- 13Unfold remaining pastry sheet and place on top.
- 14Trim pastry sheet to fit.
- 15Crimp edges and cut decorative slits in top.
- 16Brush with egg mixture.
- 17Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 18Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 19Serve with Chocolate Almond Sauce, if desired.*.
- 20*If using, divide amount of almonds in half and save one half to garnish the slices of the tart.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frangipane Pithivier
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.8
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 160.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: