Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A lovely dessert tart! I used Pepperidge Farm for the Puffed Pastry tart, another two recipes for the filling and Dancer's Chocolate Almond Sauce #5331 for the sauce on top. It made for a fantastic combination!
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup whole unblanched almond
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons Amaretto
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix 1 egg with water, set aside.
- Place almonds and sugar in food processor.
- Cover and pulse on and off until finely ground, about 1 minute.
- Add 1 egg and continue to pulse until smooth paste forms.
- Add butter, a little bit at a time, pulsing after each addition.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add remaining egg and pulse until smooth.
- Add flour and Amaretto and pulse until just blended.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet.
- Place sheet in 9" tart pan.
- Top with almond mixture.
- Unfold remaining pastry sheet and place on top.
- Trim pastry sheet to fit.
- Crimp edges and cut decorative slits in top.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Serve with Chocolate Almond Sauce, if desired.*.
- *If using, divide amount of almonds in half and save one half to garnish the slices of the tart.
This was awesome, guests asked to take some home. I used 1/2 tsp almond extract instead of Amaretto, which turned out to be a good amount. I ended up cooking on a cookie sheet since I didn't have a tart pan and it still worked fine, I just trimmed the sheets to be somewhat circular. Next time I'll try putting the chocolate sauce on top.