Pepperidge Farms Sausalito Cookies (Copycat)
- Ready In:
1 big batch
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift all dry ingredients.
- While the mixer runs on low, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until blended.
- Fold in the chips and nuts.
- Form into balls and place 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Join The Conversation
Absolutely delicious! I used this recipe to make Pepperidge Farm's Chesapeake cookies with (semi-sweet chocolate chunks and pecans). I used half shortening and half butter because I thought it would be a better match to the store-bought cookies. I think it was. Nice and crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. One note, this recipe is doubled however some of the ingredients are not. I opted not to use two additional eggs, just to see what difference it would make, but I did double the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Perfection!
Pepperidge Farms Sausalito Cookies are my husband's favorite, but they are so expensive! I made this recipe as well with 1/2 butter, 1/2 butter flavored crisco, since I didn't have enough butter on hand. These turned out great! Very close to Pepperdige Farms recipe. I took some into work, and they were devoured! These are now in my keeper file.