Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
I got this recipe from an old issue of Taste of Home
- 1⁄2 shortening
- 1⁄4 butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- in a mixing bowl cream shortening, butter, and sugar.
- beat in egg, honey and lemon juice.
- combine dry ingriedients add to creamed mixture.
- drop by teaspoonfulls 2 inches apart.
- bake at 325 for 12-14 minutes.
this were a real surprise to everyone who ate them. The dough was the like sugar cookies so that's what everyone was expecting. The rosemary was very fragrant and added a nice finish to the flavor of the cookie. This is going into my permanent keepers cook book.