Honey Spice Cookies
yum. iT's aLL iN tHe naMe. I'm not sure on how many servings but I'm thinking 24 cookies if you make them the average cookie size. I tend to make mine a little bigger, cuz my hubby's a cookie monster.
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup butter (Butter tastes better) or 3/4 cup shortening (Butter tastes better)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together Brown Sugar and Butter.
- Slowly add the Honey, then the egg and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to the creamed mixture.
- Make sure the batter is mixed well then form balls and dip in white sugar and place on greased cookie sheet sugar side up.
- Bake for 7 minutes (cooking time may vary).
- Let cool or eat warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great recipe. I dropped the dough from a rounded teaspoons and sprinkled with sugar. I made 24 larger at 15 minutes and 24 small cookies at 10-11 minutes baking time with this recipe. Be sure and add at least 1/4t. more ginger, you will be disappointed if you don't. I am wishing I had added even more. So good!
So good!<br/>A nice change from the usual ginger molasses cookies. I didn't have any ground clove so I used ground allspice instead. I might add more of the spices next time because I like my cookies extra spicy, but these are still super tasty as they are. My oven tends to run hot and it still took twice the cooking time, 15-16 minutes or so, so that's something to keep in mind, my first batch was still raw in the center when I cooked them for only 10 minutes. Otherwise I think this will become a regular recipe in my house. Thank you!