Dutch Spice Cookies
This recipe uses a roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough with added spices which transforms the average sugar cookie into something much more delightful. From the cookbook "Cookie Dough Delights",
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 18 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Break cookie dough into large bowl; let stand 10-15 minutes to soften.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves; mix well.
- Chill dough 1 hour in refrigerator or 20-25 minutes in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place sugar in small dish.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place balls about two inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten with bottom of glass.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION