Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I make for pretty much any gathering - its delicious and there is never any leftovers! My best friends mother taught it to me (her name is Tracy - whose name was changed by my 3 year old son who had a lisp). It's the one thing she made from "scratch" :) Depending on if you have the space or the pans - you can make this all in one duct oven (or large pot) or use a frying pan and a pot. This is PERFECT for The Big Game ;)
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies (I use mild or roasted)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa (I use mild, feel free to use any heat)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- red pepper flakes
- dried cilantro
- dried parsley
- In a large dutch oven (or frying pan) - brown ground beef and season with salt and pepper (optional: season also with garlic powder/onion powder/red pepper flakes/cilantro -- etc whatever your taste preferences are!).
- Drain excess fat from ground beef.
- If using a frying pan - set aside and open cans of soup, green chilies and salsa pour into large pot and set stove to med/high heat
- Add browned ground beef and heat through.
- Enjoy with corn chips or any other sturdy chip (this dip is thick!).