Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my wife's fudge recipe, and she's been making it as long as I have known her. The unsweetened chocolate is my idea, but she prefers it without. I like the more bitter flavor. Prep time does not include time to cool and set.
- 3 (6 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips (preferably Nestle’s)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (optional)
- 1 can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (toasted if desired or more to taste, preferably LOTS MORE)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line an 8" square pan with waxed paper.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan, and place over low heat until mixture is melted and combined, stirring regularly.
- When melted, remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and then the nuts.
- Spread mixture into the lined pan.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate if necessary until set.
- Turn out of pan, peel off the paper, and cut into 1" squares.
This fudge is great. The best one I have found. Grands love it, so make at least once a month. All day job, some want semi-sweet choc.So make both. So easy to make also........Thanks Toby
this didnt seem so good to me. i added the unsweetend chocolate and it tasted a lot like chocolate chips. i put nuts in and everything and it was very very stiff and solid not soft and smooth like i was hoping. perhaps that is how it is suppose to be but it wasnt for me. it was very smooth though.
This is the best fudge I have ever had! It was super easy to make and came out perfect. It was very chocolatey without being overly sweet.