Mexican Chocolate Fudge
photo by lululovesfood
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 round brick of mexican hot cocoa (abuelita or ybarra)
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup of chopped pecans (optional)
- first line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and chop the pecans if you are using them.
- then crush the chocolate brick. you can use a blender or food processor. i simply put mine into a sandwich bag and gave a whack at it. i had some frustration built up, lol!
- after it's crushed, in a medium, glass, microwave safe bowl, add all the chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. microwave for 1 minute then stir.
- microwave again for 30 secs or 1 more minute (depending on the temp of your micro) and then stir.
- add in the pecans and vanilla at this point and give it another good stir. if your chocolate is too thick, use a tablespoon of milk to smooth it out. it will seem grainy but the 2 chocolates will marry as it rests.
- pour mixture into the pan and set in the fridge for about an hour, give or take.
- when it has become more firm and sliceable, cut into 1 inch pieces. enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
4 kids and a husband to cook for