A new twist on a classic focaccia appetizer. It has all the ingredients that scream Italian all the way. Very simple & quick! Perfect for a dinner party or a weekend treat for the family.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In an 8" skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook mushrooms in oil until tender.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute or less.
- Crain if necessary.
- Place bread on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of cheese on bread.
- Top with mushrooms, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is hot.
- Sprinkle with basil.
Great little snackie! I added some red onion to the mushrooms as they sauteed and I had a little fresh mozzarella left over to use on top. Baked up really nice and the flavor was really good.