Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This looks so good! I need to get some fresh strawberries and start cooking! (source - Betty Crocker) (cooking time includes refrigeration time)
- 1 1⁄4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, slightly crushed
- In medium bowl, mix all crust ingredients. Press mixture firmly against bottom and side of 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In large bowl, pour boiling water on gelatin; stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in lime peel and lime juice. Refrigerate 1 hour or until very thick but not set.
- Beat gelatin mixture with electric mixer on high speed about 4 minutes or until thick and fluffy; set aside.
- In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream and crushed strawberries into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate about 8 hours or until set.
Yum! The filling alone is worth 5 stars! Creamy, full of strawberry flavor! I don't think I used the best pretzels, but I still liked the slightly salty contrast. Thanks jovigirl!