I found this on the A.B.C. website whilst looking for Mandarin recipes ( I had a few to use up) So with that said I have not tried this, but know, thanks to ** Jubes** a regular on Zaar that there are a lot of people on zaar looking for flourless recipes! So I thought I would post it for anyone interested.
- Cut mandarins in half lenghtways (skin on). Remove pips and place cut side up in a microwave dish and add 3/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on high 15 minutes (or boil 25 minutes) & drain.
- In a food processor blend sugar and mandarins to a paste and leave to cool.
- Add eggs and mix, then add almond meal and baking powder and mix well. Line a shallow 20 cm cake tin with baking paper and pour in the batter, smooth the top.
- Bake at 180c for about 50 minutes, until firm in the centre. Cool in the tin before turning out.
- Serve warm or cool, with thickened cream and additional mandarine segments.for decoration.