I found this on the internet whilst looking for brunch recipes. Brunch is a bit of a tradition here when any of the boys are home!
- Ready In:
- 125 g cream cheese, softened for 1 to 2 minutes in the microwave
- 1⁄2 cup diced green capsicum
- 1⁄2 cup diced red capsicum
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 (225 g) can corn kernels
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red chili powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 -6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- hot buttered toast, to serve
- extra chopped spring onion (to garnish)
- Saute capsicum and spring onion in 2 tablespoons butter in a pan over medium heat until softened.
- Add sauteed vegetables and corn to cream cheese, stir well and set aside.
- Combine eggs, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a pan, swirling to coat bottom; add reserved cream cheese mixture and egg mixture.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are firm, but still moist.
- Serve over hot buttered toast, sprinkled with crumbled bacon and garnished with a little extra chopped spring onion.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Don't know about brunch but it certainly made for a fantastically filling lunch. I scaled back for 1 serve and used 2 small eggs, 35 grams cream cheese, orange capsicum, spring onion and as my tin of corn was 125 grams I put half in with the cream cheese and sauted the other half off with the capsicum and spring onion, loved the hint of chilli as I was eating this very tasty dish. Thank you JustJanS, made for Make My Recipe.
This was a very delicious treat for dinner tonight! The kids ate it right up and it reheated nicely for DH who arrived home later. The only different I did was omit the corn. Thanks for a keeper! I served this with my homemade bread for a very filling meal. :) Made for the June 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.