Recipe by MA HIKER
Another delicious way to serve fish! Any white fish fillets will work. From Rachel Ray.
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb flounder fillets
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a colander set in the sink, sprinkle 2 teaspoons salt on the eggplant an dlet drain for 15 minutes. Rinse the eggplant and squeeze dry with your hands.
- In large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until rippling.
- Add the eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat dry the flounder fillets and season both sides with paprika and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the flounder in single layer, cook for 4 minutes, then flip carefully and continue cooking until lightly golden about 4 minutes more. Divide among 4 dinner plates.
- Stir the tomatoes into the eggplant and cook until just heated through. Season with thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spoon over the flounder.