Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe makes a large, great-tasting, high-fibre bread for the bread machine. I adapted it from a basic white bread recipe.
- 1 1⁄3 cups lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan in order given.
- Choose 2 pound loaf size, grain setting, and desired crust darkness and start bread machine.
- To serve, cool, cut loaf in half, then slice each half in 10 slices- yielding 20 slices.
I thought this was very good. I made it with my Kitcheaid mixer and baked it in the oven on a cookie sheet. I mixed the water, yeast and sugar together first, then melted the butter in to it, then mixed it with the dry ingredients. Goes good with pasta.