Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this while trying to find a quick, flavorful meal that wouldn't blow my WW points for the day. This is only 3 points per serving. We really enjoyed it, I think others might also. Seasonings can be easily adjusted to personal preferences. We had it with a caesar salad on the side. I think it would go nicely with brown rice or over pasta.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb shelled deveined shrimp (tails removed)
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut in chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 tablespoon capers (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chef's blend sodium-free seasoning (or to taste)
- Melt butter over high heat; add oil and stir to blend.
- Add shrimp; stir; add Chef's Blend seasoning.
- Add pepper, tomatoes, and capers. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until shrimp is opaque but not over cooked.
- Add lime juice; stir.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
We liked this.. DH isn't a huge fan of tomatoes mixed with things like shrimp and he said it was "ok"... so he would have given it 3 stars probably, but I didn't mind the tomatoes at all and I liked it . Please see my rating system: This was a nice quick weekday addition to our menu and tasty. Thanks!