- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine and mix in brown sugar and crumbs combine press into pan.
- Beat together filling ingredients milk, egg yolks only, cornstarch white sugar.
- Over medium heat cook stirring until thickened.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar and sugar unti a medium stiff until meringue forms.
- Bake at 325 until meringue is golden, Remove til room temperature then refrigerate until set a few hours.