Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given by a cook school teacher to one of my sisters. Some people like it a lot.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can undiluted evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (for caramel on bottom and sides of baking dish)
- Caramelize ("burn") sugar in a frying pan until dark brown.
- Quickly cover bottom and sides of a pyrex dish with this caramel sauce before it hardens.
- In blender, whir the eggs, both milks, and the walnuts.
- Bake in medium heat in regular or dutch oven using double boiler (steaming) method, for about an hour.