Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious recipe from Cooking Light Five Star Recipes.
Make and share this Five-Star Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked wide egg noodles (cooked without salt or fat)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- fresh parsley sprig (optional)
- Partially freeze steak; trim fat from steak. Slice steak diagonally across the grain into 1/4 inch wide strips; cut strips into 2 inch pieces.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add steak strips, sliced mushrooms, and chopped onion; saute 6 minutes or until steak is done and mushrooms are tender. Remove steak mixture from skillet. Drain well and set aside. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
- Combine bouillon granules and hot water, stirring well. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat, and add flour. Cook, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, 1 minute. Gradually add bouillon mixture, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Add steak mixture to flour mixture in skillet; add sherry, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand 30 seconds. Stir sour cream into steak mixture.
- Combine cooked noodles and minced parsley; toss mixture well. Serve steak mixture over noodles. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.