1/3 Photos of Fisherman's Pie
This recipe is from inmamaskitchen, and closely resembles one my Mom used to make when we were kids. It is a delicious and different way to prepare fish as a comfort food, hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch squares
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, cleaned and torn in bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs haddock, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas (or frozen)
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dry English-style mustard
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- parmesan cheese or breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Boil potatoes for 8-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- 3Drain and mash with butter and milk.
- 4Season to taste with salt & pepper and set aside to cool.
- 5Prepare individual ramekins by piling spinach evenly in the bottom of each one. Top with a layer of haddock pieces.
- 6In a large sauté pan or skillet, heat the oil and sauté onion and carrot slowly, about 5 minutes or till slightly soft.
- 7Add cream and stir till just boiling.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in cheese, mustard, nutmeg, lemon juice and parsley. Add peas and return to heat.
- 9Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, till slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 10Cool 5 minutes, then ladle over haddock, making sure each ramekin gets plenty of vegetables.
- 11Drop two or three heaping spoonfuls of mashed potatoes on top of each ramekin. Spread somewhat evenly leaving room at the edges for steam to vent.
- 12Top with a dusting of parmesan and/or breadcrumbs.
- 13Bake 15 minutes, or until haddock is cooked through and top is nicely browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fisherman's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (576 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 952.6
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 220.0 mg
- Sodium 473.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 63.0 g