This is very versatile. I make it sometimes with chicken thigh pieces instead of fish, or even with thinly sliced carrots for a vegetarian version.
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 59.16 ml vinegar
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 236.59 ml water
- 500 g Japanese eggplants
- 1 green pepper (I use Cubanelles)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 4 stalk celery
- 4 green onions
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame oil
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 400 g mild boneless white fish
- 14.79 ml minced ginger
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and water, and set aside.
- Cut the eggplants into 1" dice and the remaining vegetables into slightly smaller dice.
- Saute the eggplant in a mixture of half each of the two oils until soft.
- Place them in a lasagne pan with the fish, cut in chunks, and the ginger.
- Saute the remaining vegetables in the remaining oils until soft, and add them to the casserole.
- Mix the sauce up well and pour it over.
- Bake for 20 minutes.