Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
And easy, dairy free fish chowder.
- 1⁄2 lb fillet haddock or 1⁄2 lb cod
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium potato, peeled and sliced
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- Simmer fish in water until it flakes easily, about 5 minutes.
- Remove fish with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add sliced potato to fish water, cover and simmer until cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon the bacon in a small fry pan when done remove bacon and cook onions in bacon fat until lightly browns.
- Remove pan from heat and crumble the bacon over the onions.
- When potatoes are tender, add the fish, onion and bacon.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper, add margarine.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.