Recipe by mell_2
I have not tried this recipe yet, I am putting here for safe keeping.
Top Review by glam ma
We tried this recipe last weekend and really enjoyed it. I did not have as much coriander in the herb garden as required, so added a little ground coriander. We are an adult family of 3 and found that the quantity was just enough for us, I served the fish cakes with a mango salad, very yummy. Thank you, we will definitely be making this dish again.
- 2 (400 g) can pink salmon, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 9.85 ml chilies, seeds removed, chopped
- 59.16 ml coriander, chopped
- 59.16 ml fine shredded coconut
- 4.92 ml five-spice powder
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly (optional)
- 9.85 ml fish sauce
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 29.58 ml canola oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any large bones from salmon.
- Process all ingredients (apart from oil) in food processor until smooth.
- Refrigerate the fish mixture for 15 minutes for easier handling.
- Form the mixture into small cakes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over a medium heat. Fry cakes approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Notes: Cakes can be dusted with cornflour before cooking. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- If you are preparing food for people on a gluten-free diet, always check the ingredients on all food labels, especially any prepared items like sauces.