Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are terrific for tailgates or football parties! From "5-Ingredient Grilling"...
Make and share this Firecracker Foot-Longs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 hot dogs (footlong or bun length)
- 4 hot dog buns
- In a resealable bag, combine the Tabasco, onion, and oregano. Add the hot dogs and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain the hot dogs, reserving the marinade. Grill the hot dogs over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning several times. Toast the buns during the last minute of grilling time.
- While hot dogs are cooking, put the reserved marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot dogs in buns, topped with some of the reserved marinade and onions or relish if desired.
Well strike a match, light that fuse, and stand well back...these little chaps are dynamite!!!
DH insisted on fried onions to go with them, so after cooking them off, I threw in the extra marinade to perk them up...they were great!
DH thought these dogs were amazing, and is already looking forward to me making them again- not only that, they were SO simple that I could even trust him to make them!!!
Made and reviewed as a THANK YOU for tagging in PRMR during the recent TIC-TAC-TOE event.
While these do have a "kick" they are not overly hot. I marinated skinless, gourmet hotdogs all day and then grilled them for dinner. They were served on my homemade, gluten free lobster rolls with a touch of Dijon mustard hiding under the dogs. The marinade was cooked down until onions were tender and topped the finished product. A wonderful tailgate entree. These were served with Super Easy: Cucumber Salad and Maple Baked Beans. Made for the Diabetic Forum and the 2nd Annual Tailgate Party.
Tried these INCREDIBLE dogs this evening. I was concerned they would be toooo hot but they had great flavor. I did not put the onions on mine and just ate the dog. Will be making these again and again. These had spice but not burn your mouth hot. The others loved the onions on the dog. Can't say enough about how awesome these were!!!!! Thanks for sharing.