Deliciously warm and comforting, but so simple! And it is low fat too. This is an adptation of a recipe I saw on the Fat Free Vegan Kitchen website. The author of the site mentions using the Muir Glenn brand of organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes, which is what I used when I made this. I believe this recipe is WW Core, if the sugar is not added
- cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed between your fingers
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley or 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar (if needed)
- Over medium heat, sauté the onion and celery in a medium non-stick saucepan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- When the onion is translucent, add the tomatoes, broth, oregano, rosemary.
- Simmer on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to the blender, (work in batches if you need to) add the roasted garlic, and puree until fairly smooth.
- Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Taste the soup, and if it is too acidic, add a little sugar to taste.
- Serve with some chopped fresh basil.
Very good! Love it!
added sour cream, tortilla chips, and cheese for garnish and it was just like Paradise Cafe's!