Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
A great appetizer!! a little time consuming but can be made ahead and very much worth it!! Cool:1 hour Chill:2 hours to 24 hours evolved to our taste from B H & G
- 1 lb fresh shrimp or 1 lb frozen shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large green sweet pepper, cut into thin rings
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin slices
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Thread shrimp on 4 skewers.
- Place shrimp skewers on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium high heat.
- Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until opaque, turning several times.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully remove from skewers and let cool completely.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, mustard seed, celery salt, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a small saucepan.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in an extra large bowl combine tomato wedges, pepper rings, and onion slices.
- Pour vinegar mixture over veggie mixture; toss to coat.
- Gently stir shrimp into veggie mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.