Finnish Coffee Bread for a 2 lb. breadmaker on dough setting, but can also be made in a 1 1/2 lb breadmaker. Prep time includes rising time. Recipe adapted from recipe printed on genealogia.org)
- Put all the ingredients in the bread machine on the dough setting, in the order specified for your machine.
- When the dough cycle completes, remove, divide in half and then split each part into 3 equal pieces.
- Roll into long strands (18" long), and braid strands into 2 loaves.
- Put loaves on greased cookie sheets.
- Let rise until doubled in size (30 minutes). Brush with second egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately after taking them out of the oven, remove from pans. Cool on racks.