Recipe by pavut
This can be served hot by itself or with icecream or cold with oatmeal or other porridge.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this with a mix of blueberries & strawberries & it was delicious & so easy to make! Thoroughly enjoyable! Would now like to make it again using those all elusive cloudberries, or, if possible, some intensely flavorful small wild strawberries! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chef in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 2 cups blueberries (or any mixture of these) or 2 cups strawberries (or any mixture of these) or 2 cups raspberries (or any mixture of these) or 2 cups cloudberries (or any mixture of these)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons potato flour or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water (approx)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- sugar or artificial sweetener, amount to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine berries, water and juice and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, combine potato flour and cold water and mix.
- When the water and berries boil, give the potato flour mixture a stir and add.
- Boil a few minutes longer until it thickens a little.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sweetener and vanilla.