Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe on the side of a can of Coconut Milk. Have not tried yet but am looking forward to it
- 4 large red snapper fillets
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onion, sliced julienne style
- 1 stalk celery, sliced julienne style
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large tomato, seeded and sliced julienne style
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Sprinkle fillets with lime juice.
- In deep skillet, heat oil on medium.
- Stir in garlic, onion, celery, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, bouillon, and bay leaves.
- Bring to boil and simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sliced tomatoes.
- Add fillets, skin side up, gently pushing them into the sauce.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until fish is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer to warm serving tray and keep warm.
- Continue to simmer sauce until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Ladle some sauce over fillets and serve remainder on the side accompanied with rice.
I also found this recently on the label of a can of Goya coconut milk and tried it. I halved grape tomatoes and didn't have Sazon seasoning, so I just added some of my own. I used flounder and I think any white fish would work nicely with this. The result was beyond delicious! The flavors worked beautifully together. I served it over jasmine rice. This has become one of my favorites. I will definitely be making this again. I might use Lite Coconut Milk next time to lower the fat.
I found this recipe on the side of a can of Goya coconut milk. It was delicious, very creamy and flavorful. I halved the recipe, but kept all of the onion and celery because I like extra vegetables. I also left out the bay leaves and lime, because I didn't have any and use jarred minced garlic and half a can of diced tomatoes. I recommend trying this--you won't be disappointed!