C in PA's Note:
Found this recipe on the side of a can of Coconut Milk. Have not tried yet but am looking forward to it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large red snapper fillets
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onion, sliced julienne style
- 1 stalk celery, sliced julienne style
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large tomato, seeded and sliced julienne style
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1Sprinkle fillets with lime juice.
- 2In deep skillet, heat oil on medium.
- 3Stir in garlic, onion, celery, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Stir in tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in coconut milk, bouillon, and bay leaves.
- 6Bring to boil and simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Stir in sliced tomatoes.
- 8Add fillets, skin side up, gently pushing them into the sauce.
- 9Simmer 5 minutes or until fish is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
- 10Transfer to warm serving tray and keep warm.
- 11Continue to simmer sauce until it reaches the desired consistency.
- 12Ladle some sauce over fillets and serve remainder on the side accompanied with rice.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fillet of Red Snapper With Coconut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 833.2
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 37.9 g
- Cholesterol 88.0 mg
- Sodium 414.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 56.7 g