Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The bourbon and sugar round out the sharp coffee flavor to make a rich sauce for the beef. Roast refrigerated potato wedges for a quick side. Taken from Cooking Light.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (about 1 inch thick)
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt over both sides of steaks.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add steaks; cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook steaks 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Transfer steaks to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add bourbon mixture to pan; cook over medium-high heat until mixture has reduced to 1/4 cup (about 3 minutes).
- Serve sauce over beef; sprinkle with parsley.