Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted for ZWT7.
Make and share this Fijian Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup rice
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons drippings
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 -3 slices red peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Wash the rice, add to 3 cups boiling water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Cook the onion in a pan with the dripping till tender but not brown.
- Add the tomatoes and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Rub the mixture through a strainer into the boiling rice and water.
- Add the salt, pepper and sugar and sprinkle the parsley and paprika on top of the soup when serving.
Pleasant soup. Nothing special.
I pretty much followed your recipe, but instead of the full measure of salt I used 1/4 teaspoon of that & another 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper! Made for a very nice tasting, easy to prepare soup, & it's definitely worth making again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This is a nice tomato rice soup that is easy to make. I will definitely make it again. Thanks for posting! MADE FOR ZWT7