Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on All Recipes. Goat cheese may also be used in place of the cream cheese. Serve with slices of French bread or crackers.
- 236.59 ml chopped dried fig (I use Mission Figs)
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 9.85 ml finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 158.51 ml chopped kalamata olive
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 78.07 ml chopped toasted walnuts
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- Combine figs and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, and liquid has reduced. Remove from heat, and stir in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, thyme, and cayenne. Add olives and garlic, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Unwrap cream cheese block, and place on a serving platter. Spoon tapenade over cheese, and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve with slices of French bread or crackers.
- Note: To toast walnuts, heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant.
This is fantastic! My mom hates olives, and even she loved this. Her comment was "tastes like christmas"