Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I recently had this as a side to fajitas at a pool party. Although I haven't made it myself yet, everyone at the party loved it (me included!) so I'm putting it here for safekeeping. Cooking time is chill time.
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the corn, beans, onions, and jalapenos.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well.
- (This is written exactly as the original recipe was written; I'm assuming you could also whisk the dressing ingredients if you didn't have a jar like it calls for.).
- Stir the rice into the corn mixture.
- Add dressing; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours (yes, it actually said 12 hours!).