Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe I pulled from All You Magazine. Looks like a nice refreshing summer salad. Putting here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons roasted tomato salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cold
- 1 cup corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, oil, salsa, cumin and salt.
- In a larger bowl, stir together rice and corn, breaking up any clumpy rice.
- Pour lime juice mixture over rice mixture, stir well to combine. Add beans, bell pepper, tomatoes and scallions. Gently toss.
- Just before serving, pit and dice avocado and stir into salad. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Made this for the 2 of us & followed your recipe for my other half, but did leave out the avocado in my part of the salad, & we both liked our own versions of this cool salad! Definitely worth making again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]