Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe from Campell's that is extremely easy and tasty. We make it at least twice a month! You can make it as spicy as you like depending on the salsa you use. I have also tried it with pork as well!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's condensed 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chunky salsa or 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix soup, salsa, water, corn and rice in 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with chicken and sprinkle with paprika. Cover.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with cheese.
Wow this is really good for so little effort! I used a thicker style medium salsa and I think next time I will opt for hot. I subbed black beans for the corn since we were already having a corn side dish and it was delicious. The consistancy was right on for us. Thanks for sharing. *Made for PAC Spring 2010*
This was so delicious! And so easy to prepare. I wanted to snap a decent photo, but my family dug into it so fast that I didn't get much of a chance. But it was a big hit with my family, and we will have this often I'm sure. I made it exactly as written in the recipe instructions, without making any alterations, and it was perfect. Just the right touch of spicy heat for us (which was primarily due to the type of Picante sauce we used). But I think I might try adding maybe 1/2 a minced jalapeno pepper one time to kick up the heat a notch, because I think this recipe would lend itself well to such adjustments. Thanks for sharing your winning recipe, Teacher_01. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
Very simple and very good! The first time I made it exactly as written, but the rice around the edges was crunchy, so since then I've used instant rice instead and it's perfect. :) The kids love it, and so do we. Thanks so much for sharing!