Diet Herb Chicken Bake
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 chicken, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Place in shallow pan or casserole and sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in a 325° oven, turning once after 15 minutes.
- Baste occasionally.
- Turn, skin side up. Cover and bake 30 minutes more or until tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
When I read the recipe I thought that combining soy sauce, worcestershire and lemon juice sounded odd, but it actually works! This chicken was very good. I used chicken legs and found that I did have to increase the coooking time by about 15 minutes. I will reduce the garlic powder a bit next time but that is just personal preference. Thanks for posting this ElaineAnn, I will make it again.
I can't believe that there aren't a dozen reviews on this recipe! It's really outstanding. The only thing I changed was to skip the soy sauce as it's something that I never have in the house. Very simple to make and fit for company. Even DH who is a bland food love gave it rave reviews. I used boneless/skinless breasts. I did need to cook it about 20 mins longer than ask because my chicken was really thick. I'm keeping this recipe handy. :D
see 1 more reviews