Recipe by Barb G.
A great way to use left over grilled chicken. Leave out the Chicken and you have a good vegetarain dish. Enjoy
Top Review by Bev
Barb, I enjoyed this recipe so much and my family raved! I used 2 full chicken breasts, split and cut-up into strips and then cooked the chicken in butter and added an extra 1/4 cup of chicken broth instead of using the wine. I used dried basil instead of using fresh. Otherwise, I followed your directions! Thank you so much, Barb, for a recipe I will be using again!
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 6 medium mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 red onion, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 grilled chicken breast, julienned
- 1 vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled,seeded and diced
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- green onion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water, then add pasta, as pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a 12 inch saute pan.
- Add garlic to pan and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add red onions and mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and reduce by half, then add chicken broth and reduce by helf.
- Add tomatoes, basil and grilled chicken.
- Saute 1 minute, then add butter to sauce.
- Mix with cooked pasta.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese and garnish with a few green onions and serve.