Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is fabulous when it's mango season.
- 150 g snow peas
- 500 g fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 16 medium green shrimp, deveined, shelled, tails on
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3⁄4 cup thickened cream
- 3 mangoes, peeled and cut into thin slices
- Blanch the snowpeas in boiling, salted water for one minute- then refresh under cold water.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cook the fettuccine in a large pan of boiling salted water acccording to the packet instructions.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until the prawns have turned pink.
- Remove prawns and set aside.
- Return pan to the heat and add herbs, cream and snow peas.
- Cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Toss pasta with the cream sauce, mango slices and cooked prawns.