Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Gorgonzola is makes this pasta dish rich and creamy. Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 12 ounces dried fettuccine
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 medium red sweet peppers, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, snipped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh parsley (optional)
- fresh chives (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook and stir mushrooms, onion and garlic in 2 T of the oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the mixture with a slotted spoon and set aside, reserving oil in skillet.
- Add the sweet pepper strips and the remaining 1 T oil to the skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add whipping cream and cheese to the mixture in skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir the mushroom mixture, parsley, chive, basil and salt into skillet.
- Drain pasta and return to pan used to cook it.
- Pour mushroom sauce over pasta and toss lightly to coat.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional parsley and/or chives.